Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA)
We wish to inform you that the personal data and other information (collectively, ‘Personal Data’) provided in your application form for enrolment to Kolej MDIS Malaysia and any other Personal Data that will be collected and processed from time to time in your continued engagement with Kolej MDIS Malaysia.
These will likely be used and processed by Kolej MDIS Malaysia for the following purposes:
- Maintenance of the Student record (including personal, academic, or training details,) and management of academic or training processes (for example, programme delivery, academic or training audits, examination boards, issue of transcripts, and awarding of degrees and certificates).
- The management of student services, including the provision of learning resources and facilities, student accommodation, transportation, immigration, pastoral care, and welfare services.
- Alumni operations, including fund-raising and notification of alumni activities and provision of alumni benefits.
- The provision of advice and support to students (for immigration services, student services, student accommodation services, the counseling services, the students’ clubs or associations, career services, internships, practicum or other industrial engagements).
- Provision of applicable extra-curricular activities (for example, student leadership programmes, student ambassador programmes, outward-bound programmes, and career development programmes. Fees, student loans (including creation, management, and administration of student’s loan accounts) or scholarship processing, payment, collection, credit reporting, and recovery of debts.
- Conduct of surveys and analysis.
- Submissions, research, and all other information as required by regulatory or statistical authority agencies or bodies including the Ministry of Education, Malaysian Qualifications Agency, Ministry of Human Resources and the Department of Skills Development, Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad, Ministry of Home Affairs, and the Department for Immigration, Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN), Perbadanan Tabung Pembangunan Kemahiran and, in relation to International students, foreign authorities and embassies or consulates of the student’s home country.
- To provide you with information on the programmes, activities, and services of Kolej MDIS Malaysia and related corporations in relation to Kolej MDIS Malaysia or its related corporations’ programmes, activities, and services.
- Internal and external audits or disclosures or such other functions are required to be complied to in law.
- Administration, including enforcement of Kolej MDIS Malaysia’s rights such as commencing legal proceedings, reporting to credit reporting agencies, etc.
- Other purposes as may be specifically set out in the applicable specific programmes or activities as and when it may be entered between Kolej MDIS Malaysia and you from time to time.
- PLEASE NOTE: That the purposes above for which Personal Data is processed is essential for Kolej MDIS Malaysia to carry out its functions as an education or training institution and in providing you the services for which you have or will be contracting for. Upon acceptance by you of the letter of offer, you hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Data for the aforesaid purposes unless you indicated so in writing.
- PLEASE NOTE: However, under the PDPA, you have the choice not to consent, or to withdraw your consent at any time to all or any specific purposes. Nevertheless, as the aforesaid purposes are deemed essential for Kolej MDIS Malaysia to carry out its functions and its services to you, your failure to consent or withdrawal of consent to all or any specific purpose may affect or disrupt the functions or services to be provided by Kolej MDIS Malaysia to you and to such extent Kolej MDIS Malaysia shall not be held responsible for such disruption of service and may, if deemed appropriate by Kolej MDIS Malaysia terminate its services to be provided to you and claim for reimbursement of benefits conferred on you.
- Please be informed that if required for the foregoing purposes, your Personal Data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia or disclosed to Kolej MDIS Malaysia’s related corporation or partner universities or institutions who may be located within or outside Malaysia. Save for the foregoing, your Personal Data will not be transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be disclosed to any third party.
- Kolej MDIS Malaysia (via academic or training departments, student services, and other ancillary departments) will disclose your information to a variety of recipients, notably:
- The person(s) you have already authorised to receive disclosure of your personal data in your application form
- Employees of Kolej MDIS Malaysia (on a need-to know-basis only).
- Students’ sponsors (including parents or guardians (if applicable), Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN), Perbadanan Tabung Pembangunan Kemahiran, funding councils and agencies acting on their behalf scholarship boards, legal advisers and credit rating agencies in relation to credit reporting and recovery of debt.
- The person(s) having concern over the students’ wellbeing and welfare, and the progress of the students’ studies such as parents and family members, embassies or consulates of the students’ home country (“Concerned Person”)
- Regulatory or statistical authorities, agencies or bodies including the Ministry of Education, Malaysian Qualifications Agency, Ministry of Human Resources and the Department of Skills Development, Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad; and in relation to International Students, foreign authorities, embassies or consulates of the Student’s home country.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs and the immigration authorities, Education Malaysia Global Services and such other authorities, agencies or service providers for processing of immigration visas, permits or approvals.
- Current or potential employers of students or organisations hosting Students’ internship, practicum or industrial engagement.
- Current or potential providers of education to students including partner or franchise institutions in connection with the delivery of programmes of education.
- Kolej MDIS Malaysia’s service providers or agents (on a need-to-know-basis only), such as but not limited to, providers for student’s insurance policies, providers for Kolej MDIS Malaysia information technology systems, networks and softwares, outsourced data processing centres, recruitment or programme representatives, managers, co-ordinators or agents, auditors, legal advisers and other consultants.
- PLEASE NOTE: Disclosures to person or institutions not listed above will be made only with your consent unless exceptional circumstances apply, as provided by law.
- PLEASE NOTE: That the persons or institutions authorised above for disclosure of your Personal Data are regarded by Kolej MDIS Malaysia as essential for Kolej MDIS Malaysia to carry out its functions as an education or training institution and in providing to you the services for which you have or will be contracting for. Upon acceptance by you of the letter of offer, you hereby consent to the processing of your Personal Data for the aforesaid purposes unless you indicate so in writing to Kolej MDIS Malaysia.
- PLEASE NOTE: However, under the PDPA, you have the choice not to consent, or to withdraw your consent at any time of the disclosure to all or any specific persons or institutions listed above. Nevertheless, as the aforesaid purposes are deemed essential for Kolej MDIS Malaysia to carry out its functions and its services to you, your failure to consent or withdrawal of your consent at any time to the disclosure to all or any specific persons or institution may affect or disrupt, the functions or services to be provided by Kolej MDIS Malaysia to you and to such extent Kolej MDIS Malaysia shall not be held responsible for such disruption of service and may, if deemed appropriate by Kolej MDIS Malaysia terminate its services to be provided to you and claim for reimbursement of benefits conferred on you.
- PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE: That should you at any time withdraw your consent for disclosures of any or all Personal Data to your sponsor (if applicable) or concerned Person, Kolej MDIS Malaysia reserves the right to notify your sponsor (if applicable) or Concerned Person that such withdrawal has taken place.
- Kolej MDIS Malaysia undertakes to maintain your data in secure conditions and to process and disclose data only within the terms of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. The details above indicate the nature of this notification but are not exhaustive. Please note that Kolej MDIS Malaysia is reliant on students for much of the data it holds. Please help Kolej MDIS Malaysia to keep records up to date by notifying any alterations to your addresses, personal details, or course enrolments. Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, an individual has the right to a copy of the current personal information held on him/her by Kolej MDIS Malaysia and a right to raise objections to data processing that causes damage and distress.
- You may at any time hereafter make written inquiries and, upon payment of a prescribed fee, request in writing, for access to, or correction of, your personal data or limit the processing of your personal data by submitting such request to the Office of the Registrar. Kolej MDIS Malaysia may modify or update this Privacy Notice to reflect any changes to its privacy practices. The updated version will be available on the website (www.mdis.edu.my) which you may periodically review.